Sunday 8 January 2017

Boku no Hero Academia




Alternative title: My Hero Academia, 僕のヒーローアカデミア
Type: Tv
Episodes: 13
Age Limit: PG-13
Tags: shounen, comedy, action, superheros, super powers, school

One of those few stories about superpowered characters which is heavily influenced by western superhero comics, also I must say that at the time I watched it I didn't read manga but now I'm doing so and my opinion on Boku no Hero Academia changed greatly.
Story is very simple, typical from-zero-to-hero and with this kind of basis it heavily depends on how it's done. I can't say BnHA worked it worst but maybe it should try more because despite it's original approach with superheroes it's still full of shonen cliche tropes like only main character can save the world and so on. Well storyline is not 100% predictable and some plot twists really got me but if you watched enough shounens you might know what's going to happen next. Also BnHA starts very slowly, I personally don't mind it because a lot of my favourites were slow or boring at the start and got way more better but if you don't have a patience this might be a bit painful for you too.
Animation and art is trully awesome looking, especially during fighting when all different characters use their powers but sadly it has it's own weird moments I didn't liked. So it's really great but definately not perfect.
Music and soudtrack was amazing because it always catches the mood and made me sink into the story more. Good to know that studio is well aware that story about superheroes without epic soundtrack would be a crime.
This anime was definately full of very interesting characters with unique abilities I enjoyed but unfortunately it's more focused on relationship between All Might and Deku then developing others. Some of them just felt bit plain or flat and villains only grazed a surface bit. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but Deku's overly crying attitude got annoying by time and All Might couldn't save it alone after that. There also was Kacchan with his very hard-to-understand personality, sometimes I wasn't sure if I like him or hate for what he was doing but as a rival character he was very original and I liked to watch the chemistry between him and Deku.
Overall. It was very good shounen anime and of course it has flaws but I enjoyed the fights and some slight character developments. 
PS: I trully love manga and I'm glad I started to read it because Deku stopped beying annoying, Kacchan just got a huge character development, other characters started to contribute and it has a lot of pretty serious parts


Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment