Monday 26 December 2016

Hajimari no Glashma

 
 
Author: Kumiko Suekane
Alternative title: Once Upon a Glashma, はじまりのグラシュマ
Type: Manga
Chapters: 12
Tags: fantasy, magic, comedy

One day all the girls in the world dissapeared and men started to have magical powers. Welcome to a Glashma, world were two agents, Gotanda Takeshi and Nippori Norinori, from The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication are trying to monitor a growing wizard population.
Idea is very interesting and it actually works very well even the fact this manga is so short, but there is not much world building or background involved and that's a bit problematic. Also the story feels bit rushed and 12 chapters really doesn't do any justice. I just felt that this would be way more better and funnier if it would be a bit longer. What I kind of liked was the fact that it started episodic, one case per chapter, but after the half the whole meaning why all dissapearing happend was revealed and it was put kind of nicely. Even though it was rushed.
Artwork is nice and flows good. I didn't have any problems to know where I'm or who is who, which I usually have with this kind of shoujoish style.
Characters are really not deep but because it's comedy I actually weren't minding it so much. Their traits worked and I was smilling through some jokes and ended up interested in some of them more deeper.
Ending. Well I just felt that there needs to be a sequel and not because it has an opened ending.
Overall. I enjoyed it but it was too short. I would love to know more about characters and so on.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment